Sunday, June 7, 2009

Prolegomenon

As I scribble my maiden post on this blog I would like to quote the Ramayana,
"जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयासी"(Mother and motherland are greater than heaven itself). In this blog, I intend to dwell on the incredible ideas and findings of the ancient Indian sages, who by their amazingly sharp wit and astounding knowledge have fascinated the world from times immemorial. Whatever follows in this blog is my miniscule attempt to compile facts that throw light on various aspects which we (the people of present India) fail to appreciate, as far as the contributions of our ancestors are concerned. If any of the following posts fails to convince you in this regard, it is solely on account of my poor literary skills rather than the insignificance of the actual topic under consideration.

Well, I believe I have penned down everything destined to be in this maiden post and hope to get back soon with another post.




2 comments:

Ashwin Bhat said...

Minor Correction : Its prolegomenon and not Prologomenon :-)

ajaypaip said...

Thanks for pointing the typo...now corrected :)